Friday, March 11, 2011

3-11-11


Today was a big day. First, Cooper had a Vasectomy. Oooops, I mean a Circumcision. Early last week Tom asked me, “Don’t forget to ask the doctor when Cooper should get his Vasectomy.” I started cracking up, laughing so hard I was shaking. Tom kept asking, “What’s so funny?” Finally, when I composed myself, I told him he had the wrong procedure and that he meant Circumcision not Vasectomy (That would be sad). The circumcision went well, Cooper slept through the whole thing and hopefully doesn’t even know what happened. 



Another big event today was the fact that Cooper finished his whole bottle-feeding. Right now the doctors want him to drink 65 mL. Up until now he would only do about 20-30mL, but we think our nurse Kathy might have found a solution. She tried out a new nipple size on the bottle when she was watching him last night, and it seems to be working. They would like Cooper to be able to drink 90 mL per feeding by the time he leaves the hospital. We made amazing gains today.  


I will leave you with a little video of our little monkey. Cooper is just hanging out in the nursery. By the way: What do you call a baby monkey? ………a chimp off the old block. 

4 comments:

  1. Yay! That's great that they were able to figure out something that works for him! You look great holding him in a real chair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to be able to share with you your pictures and your stories...love grandma and grandpa

    grandpa says he is glad to see a picture of a future president...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Briana, Yes we have been able to take a few field trips to the "family lounge" in the special care nursery.

    Grandma, I am glad you're enjoying the blog and that my mom has hooked you up with facebook, blogger, gmail, and youtube.

    Grandpa, You sure have some lofty goals for our little baby. President, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! The monkey outfit! Looks great on him.

    ReplyDelete