Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Reaction


 So, here are some pictures that capture how "grandma Cathy" and "auntie Courtney" learned that we were going to have a baby. 

We had gone up to Larsmont and into Duluth for lunch at Little Angies Cantina. While we were there, I told them I had something for them. I reached into my purse and pulled out a card for each of them. 
The card had a picture of a cute baby on the cover and inside I wrote a little note saying something like, "Get ready to be a auntie/grandma. Yep, it's true we're about 6 weeks pregnant." 

You can tell how they felt by the reactions on their faces as they were reading the cards. Happy, excited, surprised, joyful, ecstatic, delighted, eager, thrilled, shocked, elated..... 
They'll have to add their own comments to this post to share how they were feeling when they heard the news for the first time. :) 

1 comment:

  1. I was speechless..... which is saying something. I'll go with shocked, excited and super-duper happy. Both Grandma Cathy and I ordered a drink ASAP!

    ReplyDelete